Start all lessons by hugging your child and singing the good afternoon song.
After that, start gathering the energy ball and throw it high into the air and splash on their heads and then brush away the bad things and gather another energy ball, compress it and eat it.
- Make a mobile of hot hair balloons and attach a bell to it.
- Move the mobile left, right, up, down horizontally or vertically. You can also move around in a zig zag manner just to let his eyes move around. This will work his eye muscles.
- When baby is done following, get him to catch the hot air balloon or do a high five with it.
- Ask your baby to roll a dice. On the dice, there are a few activities like visit the notice board, go for a shower, visit the shopping mall, raise the flag, tie the ribbons, pluck the apples.
- Place pictures of the relevant activities. Eg, picture of shopping mall, picture of apples with pluckable apples, etc.
- Once your baby rolls the die to do that activity, carry out that activity with him.
- Tell a story in English.
- Tell the same story in Chinese/Japanese. (Eg, Sawako)
Sing a song:
- Sing at normal speed
- Sing at half the speed (to help them remember)
- Prepare a series of flashcards with a theme. Eg, vehicles, fruits, foods, numbers, alphabets, how to prepare certain foods, comparisons, money, numbers.
- You may include flashcards of pictures with their word representatives after the picture. It is important to expose your child to an image first because it helps them remember faster.
- Flash them quickly at your child. Show each picture only for two seconds and read out what it is as you flash it. You do not have to worry about getting tongue tied.
- Repeat and flash the pictures and read out again.
NOTE: You can do so also for alphabets (Letters A-M, N-Z, Numbers 1-10, 11-20, Dots (1 small, 1 big, 2 small, 2 big.. etc. You may also include shapes of different countries, how to make foods, opposites, money, time, actions)
Who is it?
- Put a long roll of paper inside a tissue box and take it out bit by bit. Show that there is a red, blue and yellow ribbon (they appear one after another)
- Ask your child to guess what is the next balloon that will appear as you continue to roll
- Show the face of a guitarist and a hole driller. Ask your child to guess which is it inside the hidden picture.
- Show a picture of 6 hot hair balloons with two bears in diff balloons. Show the picture for 30 seconds and the child has then to place the animals inside in that particular order.
- Show a picture of 3 different types of flowers in the particular order.
- Show the picture for 30 seconds and the child has then to place the flowers inside in that particular order.
- Teach the child the name of the three flowers
- Show the picture for 30 seconds.
- Show them two similar pictures after that and ask them to guess which was the picture that they had been looking at.
Intuition- Find the words 三 :
- Use two cards of the same size. One is a blank card. The other one has a the words IV
- Turn the cards over and ask your child to feel it and find the words.
- Repeat 2-3 times
- Show your child a 4 piece puzzle picture.
- Give your child the puzzle and ask them to match the right picture with the right side. (Eg, ask them if this is the upper left piece and match. If it is the same, tell them it is the same and get them to press the puzzle in.
- Repeat a few times.
- Show your child a picture of things at the bedroom with the words stuck to them.
- Point to the words and read aloud to the child.
- Now say the word and ask the child to take it out.
- Shuffle them and mix them and give the word to the child and ask him to find the right item and paste the word next to the right item.
- The purpose of this game is to help your child improve their memory by linking things up. You can tell a story and link the things up in order. It does not have to be a logical story.
- Repeat this story and ask your child to place the pictures in this order.
- Now turn the cards around so that the back (which is blank) is facing you and ask your child to pick out the hotel or the crab and see if they can remember where it should be.
Visit the Safari
- Give your child a of the SAFARI.
- All the animals inside the safari have a FRONT view and a BACK view. The pictures can be turned around as they swivel around on a toothpick.
- Show your child the animals and ask for the FRONT or the BACK view.
Show your child the various expressions and ask them to imitate the expressions for you.
- Give your child a picture of an apple tree with the numbers 1-30 and ask your child to count them.
- Prepare a practice sheet for your child.
- Laminate the practice sheet
- Give your child a whiteboard marker (non toxic) and hold their hands to help them write out the numbers on the practice sheet.
- One number at a time please. Eg, just practice to write the number 7. They can write other stuff on it when they are done.
- Wipe clean and reuse it again.
Give your child a ball and ask him to kick towards you. This will help him to practice kicking. You can also put a picture of the goal post on the wall and ask him to kick into the goal post.
Clap your hands,
Touch your toes,
Turn around and put a finger on your nose
Flap your arms and hop on your feet
Wiggle your fingers and touch the sky
Artwork Homework: Cut and paste
Give your baby a of a sun, a cloud, a car and a flower. Ask your child to colour them and cut them out and then paste them on a piece of paper as artwork