After that, start gathering the energy ball and throw it high into the air and splash on their heads and then brush away the bad things and gather another energy ball, compress it and eat it.
- Use a satay stick and stick two flowers at the end.
- Draw a picture of a bee and attach it to a straw. Put the satay stick through the straw so that the bee is dangling and ask your child to blow so that the bee will spin around the stick.
- Make a mobile of a worm with a bell attached to it.
- Move the mobile left, right, up, down horizontally or vertically. You can also move around in a zig zag manner just to let his eyes move around. This will work his eye muscles.
- When baby is done following, get him to catch the worm or do a high five with it.
- Show a series of flashcards that tell your about their visit to the Jurong Birdpark. Ask them to take pictures of what they see.
- Next, give them a 'photo album' and ask them to put it in the photos next to the right captions so that they can recap the story of their visit to their parents.
Pretend Play: Magic Laptop
- Show your child various pictures and make up a story with it.
- Tell them now that they have to type in this story into the computer that you will be giving them and when they spell and type the name of the picture (eg, banana, octopus, car) and press enter, the picture will appear on the computer.
- Fold a card into two to make the Laptop. The bottom half, draw the keys A-Z with the space bar and enter key. The top half, paste a transparency over so that you create a pocket where you can slot in the pictures.
- Start typing and tell them the story as they go along.
- When they are done, ask them to type in their names.
- Tell a story in English.
- Tell the same story in Chinese/Japanese. (Eg, Sawako)
Language Training- The Animals:
- Show pictures of animals and name them in Chinese.
- Now show the same animals and name them in Spanish.
Sing a song/Tell a story: (The Queen's Question)
- Sing at normal speed
- Sing at half the speed (to help them remember)
- Prepare a series of flashcards with a theme. Eg, vehicles, fruits, foods, numbers, alphabets, how to prepare certain foods, comparisons, money, numbers.
- You may include flashcards of pictures with their word representatives after the picture. It is important to expose your child to an image first because it helps them remember faster.
- Flash them quickly at your child. Show each picture only for two seconds and read out what it is as you flash it. You do not have to worry about getting tongue tied.
- Repeat and flash the pictures and read out again.
NOTE: You can do so also for different airlines, different expressions, diff body parts, adjectives, over, under, etc.. etc
Shichida Musical Theatre: Name the body parts
- Sing a song and name the body parts as you sing.
- Touch your child's body parts as we go along.
Listen to a song about cats in Chinese.
What is he eating?
- Show a big giant frog and tell your child that he is eating something.
- let them guess if he is eating a centipede or a caterpillar.
- Show them the answer.
- Show your child a picture of two apples. One red one which you tell them is sweet and juicy. The other one is green where you tell them it is sour.
- Put one of the two apples in an envelope and write the word "taste" on it.
- Ask your child to pretend to eat the apples and taste it and then ask them to guess which apple is in the envelope. Repeat again in you want.
Memory- Which picture did we see?
- Show a picture for 30 seconds.
- Show the child two similar pictures and ask them to pick, which picture did we see.
- Show a picture of 3 different types of fruit in the particular order.
- Show the picture for 30 seconds and the child has then to place the fruits inside in that particular order.
- Teach the child the name of the three fruits
- Give your child a stick with a ribbon on it.
- Ask them to wave it around and pretend to be a gymnast.
Intuition- Find Few or More :
- Use two cards of the same size. One is has 3 fishes. The other one has many fishes.
- Tell your child which card is FEWand which is MORE and ask them to use their hand to touch and feel the difference..
- Turn the cards over and ask your child to feel it and find eitherfew or more.
- Repeat 2-3 times
Catch the fish
- Give your child a stick with a magnet at the end.
- Give them three coloured bowls (Red, Blue and Yellow)
- Give them fishes of various numbers and put a paper clip on the fish.
- Ask your child to fish the fishes and put the different coloured fishes in the respective coloured bowls. (eg, blue fish goes to blue bowl)
Spin the wheel
- Give your baby a wheel with number of dots on it. Ask them to spin it and count the dots at where it stops.
- Count the number of respective little stars and put them into the cup.
- Spin and count again.
- Show your child a 6 piece puzzle picture.
- Give your child the puzzle and ask them to match the right picture with the right side. (Eg, ask them if this is the upper left piece and match. If it is the same, tell them it is the same and get them to press the puzzle in.
- Repeat a few times.
- Show your child a picture of a see saw and have velcro at both ends of the see saw
- Ask your child to place two comparisons on the see saw (eg, baby Vs Sumo wrestler, Elephant Vs Mice, Car Vs bicycle)
- show them that the heavier portion will drop down and tell them that this item is heavy and that the other item is light.
- Repeat a few times.
- The purpose of this game is to help your child improve their memory by linking things up. You can tell a story and link the things up in order. It does not have to be a logical story.
- Repeat this story and ask your child to place the pictures in this order.
- Now turn the cards around so that the back (which is blank) is facing you and ask your child to pick out the hotel or the crab and see if they can remember where it should be.
- Prepare a practice sheet for your child.
- Laminate the practice sheet
- Give your child a whiteboard marker (non toxic) and hold their hands to help them write out the numbers on the practice sheet.
- One number at a time please. Eg, just practice to write the number 12. They can write other stuff on it when they are done.
- Draw a star after they are done.
- Wipe clean and reuse it again.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground
Teddy bear, teddy bear, show your feet
Teddy bear, teddy bear, that will do
Teddy bear, teddy bear, go up stairs
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say your prayers
Teddy bear, teddy bear, go to bed
Teddy bear, teddy bear, that will do
Artwork Homework: Cut and paste
Let your child cut out 4 trapeziums and ask them to form anything they like.