Note: Lesson 9 was attended by Waipo so I do not have the details.
Start all lessons by hugging your child and singing the good afternoon song.
After that, start gathering the energy ball and throw it high into the air and splash on their heads and then brush away the bad things and gather another energy ball, compress it and eat it.
- Make a mobile of a panda with a bell attached to it.
- Move the mobile left, right, up, down horizontally or vertically. You can also move around in a zig zag manner just to let his eyes move around. This will work his eye muscles.
- When baby is done following, get him to catch the hot air balloon or do a high five with it.
- Show a series of flashcards that tell your child about what we do to prepare when the whole family goes on a picnic.
- Use cardboard to make a makeshift fire place. Tell your child he/she and family and friends are going on a picnic and after that to a campfire.
- Stand around the campfire and tell them that we will sing and dance around the campfire to the song, If You Are Happy.
- Let everyone sing and dance around the campfire.
- Show your child a poster and tell them we are going to have a lucky draw. Show what are the first, second, third, fourth-sixth prize.
- Give them a ticket stub and ask them to tear and put into the lucky draw box.
- Draw their numbers, call them out and give them their price accordingly to the prize poster.
Pretend Play: Using chopsticks
- Give your child a pair of chopsticks and put some cotton balls inside a container
- Ask your child to use chopsticks to pick up the cotton balls (with your help) and feed themselves to the 'glutinious rice' (cotton balls).
- One for themselves and one for mummy.
- Tell a story in English.
- Tell the same story in Chinese/Japanese. (Eg, Sawako)
Language Training- The Animals:
- Show pictures of animals and name them in Chinese.
- Now show the same animals and name them in Spanish.
Sing a song/Tell a story:
- Sing at normal speed
- Sing at half the speed (to help them remember)
- Prepare a series of flashcards with a theme. Eg, vehicles, fruits, foods, numbers, alphabets, how to prepare certain foods, comparisons, money, numbers.
- You may include flashcards of pictures with their word representatives after the picture. It is important to expose your child to an image first because it helps them remember faster.
- Flash them quickly at your child. Show each picture only for two seconds and read out what it is as you flash it. You do not have to worry about getting tongue tied.
- Repeat and flash the pictures and read out again.
NOTE: You can do so also for alphabets (Letters A-M, N-Z, Numbers 1-10, 11-20, Dots (1 small, 1 big, 2 small, 2 big.. etc. You may also include shapes of different countries, how to make foods, opposites, money, time, actions)
Who is it?
- Show a face of the yellow bear and ask what vehicle he is driving. Cut out only the head and cover all other parts with another board.
- Ask your child to guess what vehicle he is driving.
- Show a face of dancer and guess which of the three figures is dancing.
Memory- Where should the animals be?
- Show a picture of a ship with three animals in each window for 30 sec.
- Ask the child to place the right animal in the right window next.
- Show a picture of 3 different types of flowers in the particular order.
- Show the picture for 30 seconds and the child has then to place the flowers inside in that particular order.
- Teach the child the name of the three flowers
- Show the picture for 30 seconds.
- Show them two similar pictures after that and ask them to guess which was the picture that they had been looking at.
Ask your child to squad down first.
After that waddle around and quack like a duck.
Intuition- Find More or Less :
- Use two cards of the same size. One is has 3 flowers. The other one has many flowers.
- Tell your child which card is LESS and which is MORE.
- Turn the cards over and ask your child to feel it and find either less or more.
- Repeat 2-3 times
Sort things out: Big and Small
- Give your baby some toys and a big and a small bowl.
- Ask your child to sort out the big toys into the big bowl and the small toy into the small bowl
- (Eg, big or small camera, peg, paper clip, ball, star, safety pin etc)
Sort it out: Fruits big and small
- Give your baby some pictures of big and small fruits and a big and a small plate.
- Ask your child to sort out the big fruits into the big plates and the small fruits into the small plates
- (Eg, big or small apples, grape, orange, bananas, strawberries, etc)
NOTE: They look exactly the same but are just different in size.
- Show your child a 3 piece puzzle picture.
- Give your child the puzzle and ask them to match the right picture with the right side. (Eg, ask them if this is the upper left piece and match. If it is the same, tell them it is the same and get them to press the puzzle in.
- Repeat a few times.
- Show your child a picture of things in the garden with the words stuck to them.
- Point to the words and read aloud to the child.
- Now say the word and ask the child to take it out.
- Shuffle them and mix them and give the word to the child and ask him to find the right item and paste the word next to the right item.
- The purpose of this game is to help your child improve their memory by linking things up. You can tell a story and link the things up in order. It does not have to be a logical story.
- Repeat this story and ask your child to place the pictures in this order.
- Now turn the cards around so that the back (which is blank) is facing you and ask your child to pick out the hotel or the crab and see if they can remember where it should be.
- Prepare a practice sheet for your child.
- Laminate the practice sheet
- Give your child a whiteboard marker (non toxic) and hold their hands to help them write out the numbers on the practice sheet.
- One number at a time please. Eg, just practice to write the number 9. They can write other stuff on it when they are done.
- Draw a star after they are done.
- Wipe clean and reuse it again.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground
Teddy bear, teddy bear, show your feet
Teddy bear, teddy bear, that will do
Teddy bear, teddy bear, go up stairs
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say your prayers
Teddy bear, teddy bear, go to bed
Teddy bear, teddy bear, that will do
Give your child a picture of the sea. Tell them that children are going to play at the sea.
Give them a row of children to paste onto the picture and ask them to count the children.
Next give them a row of sunblock to paste and count the sunblocks so that we know there are enough sunblocks for the children.
Artwork Homework: Cut and paste
Let your child cut out 4 triangles and ask them to form anything they like.
Cut and paste the snake together and colour the snake.